Friday, October 21, 2011

Still a 0

Blaine is just kind of floating... he's not really wanting to be born right now. I think I have the patience to just wait for him to get his act together, but my doctor seems a little skeptical that he ever will. I have the feeling I'm going to end up getting induced. I've been reading a lot about it, and it seems like when you aren't progressing, an induction is a lot harder on your body. I'm not very worried about having to get a c-section because my hospital has very low rates and I've been reading that once you're past 40 weeks, it doesn't really increase the risk. If anything I might have to get a c-section because Blaine might not be able to engage down into my pelvis. He might be facing the wrong way or have his hands up or something. I just hope he doesn't get all tangled up in his chord. Right now I'm thinking I'll just wait until next week's appointment and if I'm still a 0 and Blaine is still floating, then I'll schedule an induction. Once babies go past 41 weeks there are more risks, but I don't really see a need to induce before then.

One concern of mine is that I don't want him to be born on Halloween. I know it's stupid, but the further I have him from a holiday the happier I'll be. I'd like to either have him today or a week after halloween, but not on the day or the day before or after. I really wouldn't mind having him today. The thought that I could just call up my doctor and say "let's get this thing over with" and I'd have a baby today is really exciting! But I don't think there's a need yet and I can hang on a little longer. I just don't want to put myself through a terrible birth because Blaine and I both weren't ready. I also don't want to wait too long so that there are more risks. Especially if there's a higher change for Blaine to get tangled up and have complications. I'm due on Tuesday the 25th and I have a doctor's appointment on the 26th. I'm just kind of hoping Blaine will get with the program before then so I don't have to make any decisions.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

Hey Kate! Induction is hard on your body... If I could do it over again I would have asked the doctor to strip my membranes at my 40 week appointment to see if that helped. If not, I would have ask them to break my water before giving me pitocin because once they broke my water I went from a 3 (which is how I entered the hospital) to an 8 in 45 minutes. Then if still no progress I would have said ok let's do this. That way it's all natural. Just a suggestion.

Jessica and colby said...

I got induced and so did my sister in law oh and my sister too. i think hte only thing that was different was the contractions hurt a little more than if it was natural. None of us had to have a c-section. It gets nerve wrecking at the last few days. i was one day from 43 weeks when i finally had Aspen. I still delievered her even though all through delievery until the very end she was facing sideways. Once hes there it wont even matter about how he got there! good luck on not having him on halloween. I tried everything not to have her on memorial weekend and ended up having her on my sisters birthday! oh well! hahah Im excited for you!

Unknown said...

Don't worry about being a 0. Jack was due on a Sunday and when I didn't go into labor, I went in to the OB on Monday and I was MAYBE a 1 and I was over my due date.

I felt like I was NEVER going to have my baby but then the next day, contractions started, my water broke, and I had Jack.

I didn't believe my sister when she said that it will just happen in a snap but it did. Just like I'm sure you don't believe me but it will just happen and soon you'll be holding your sweet baby boy!