Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Flies and Stretch Marks


There are flies in my house! I don't know where they came from (who am I kidding, we're living in a really old basement. There are probably loads of ways they could sneak their way in), but they're there. I thought they were baby house flies because they're so tiny, but Nate explained to me that they are fruit flies (while he laughed at me). So I didn't know what a fruit fly is! But know I know, so next time I'll be able to identify them.

They live in my kitchen sink and bathroom. They must like the wetness. My faucet drips so they get plenty of water. We usually have a few dishes in the sink so I guess they have food too. Right now all the dishes are done and everything is clea
n, but they still lurk. I went to Walmart and got a fly swatter, fly tape, and window fly tape. One thing I learned is that fly tape is gross! But it seems to be working. Another thing I did was look up home remedies for fruit fly traps and I poured a cup of cider vinegar in a cup and added a few drops of dish soap to it. This breaks the surface tension of the cider and they drown (A little morbid I know, but I think it's more humane than getting stuck to tape and just starving to death). At any rate I think my traps are working. We'll see in a few days if that does the trick.

In other exciting pregnancy news, I have my first stretch mark. It's small, but it counts. It's on my right side on my lower belly. I hope it doesn't grow or spread, but it most likely will. I guess I should just pretend that I want them so that when I get them I'll be happy.

Yesterday I graduated to week 31 in my pregnancy. This means that I only have 9 to go. . . which is still a long time when you think about it. So let's not think about it. Luckily I've been crazy busy at work so time is flying by!

Here's a picture Nate took on his cellphone. I know I know, I'm adorable :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, you are adorable! I love reading your blog! You are so funny and smart.
Are you still in Rexburg?

Andrew and Lauren said...

You're excited about getting a stretch mark? Wow, you really are on a pregnancy high :) I remember freaking out whenever I got a new one.

Kristi said...

Stretch marks are like a badge of pregnancy. Be proud! (Actually, they suck, but we'll just pretend they don't) Yes, you are adorable! Fruit flies come when fruit is left out, so don't let fruit just sit on the counter. And take out trash frequently. I've gotten them before, too.

Stephanie said...

you are adorable!!! I'm so glad to see your cute little baby belly! I love you girl!